About the Board Game Jam
Enjoy an extremely positive and relaxed environment geared towards developing your skills. Whether you are an absolute beginner or an accomplished designer, this event will help you move to the next level. The Board Game Jam is a great place to meet other designers, play testers and great people involved with the hobby.
Our schedule can be summarized as: "Three Days of Creating Games".
How does it work
- Find a team! You can create a team beforehand, gather your team or join an existing team at the start of the jam. It is advised to have a team of around 4 members.
- Theme reveal. The jam will start with the revealing of the theme, the theme determines what your boardgame should be about. The theme serves as a guidance for your ideas and prevents participants to work out their ideas before the event.
- Start brainstorming. Come up with ideas, write them down, elaborate, collaborate.
- Work out your idea. Put it down on paper or in a digital document, work out the rules and details, start making the basic components of your game.
- Playtest your game. Start playing as soon as possible, only then will you know if your game works and if it is fun.
- Keep on improving. No game is perfect in the first run, improve, iterate, change the rules, add and drop rules. Make sure your gameplay is as smooth as possible.